Saturday, April 6, 2013

Garden Update

Spring has officially been here for at a few weeks now but traces of snow are still around. I just checked the back yard for signs that my shrubs and japanese mapls are sprouting but nuthin'. Out front where it gets warmer, the tulips are up about 3 inches and the sedums are sprouting up too. The Japanese iris are poking up and they will be the first to show us a flower. I finally took away the Christmas lights and changed my planter to a spring look. A Heather plant is in there now along with the dogwood twigs. If I listen to Martina from Sheridan Nursery, I do need some height and a focal point. I would like some icicle pansies for there too. I am trying my hand at growing some delfiniums from seed. We shall see how I do. If it works I will have 36 delfininiums which are purple, pink and white. Also new for this year are some helebores for the backyard and my new Anniversary rose. I will plant my rose beside the bird bath. Hurry up warm weather !

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your garden seems to be a bit ahead of mine. So far it is all brown grass and mud. No snowdrops or daffodils sprouts. Nada! But at least it is warmer and the snow is almost gone.
Like you, I did try to update a few planters, but unfortunately most are still frozen. At least the planter by the front door looks respectable. Here's hoping the warm weather continues!